Education – A free, high-quality, public education for all. followed by diverse opportunities for accessible, affordable vocational or university education.
Education Committee – Albert Fields Chairperson 1VP@naacphillsborough.org
1. Seek to eliminate segregation and the discriminatory practices in public education.
2. Study local education conditions affecting minority groups.
3. Investigate the public school system and school zoning.
4. Familiarize itself with textbooks material there from which is racially derogatory.
5. Seek to stimulate school attendance.
6. Keep informed of school conditions and strive to correct abuses where found.
7. Investigate the effects of standardized and high stakes testing practices.
8. Teacher certification.
9. Promote parental involvement in education.
10. Aim to be a center of popular education on the race question and on the work of the Association.
11. Roundtable with Commissioner of Education (former Commissioner)
Afro-academic, Cultural, Technological and Scientific Olympics (ACT-SO) Dr. Jwaun Cole – Chairperson firstname.lastname@example.org
The Committee on ACT-SO shall follow these rules:
1. Must be properly registered annually with the National Office and follow all directives outlined by the National ACT- SO Program
2. Understand that it is a major project of the NAACP. With ACT-SO, the NAACP is providing an instrument through which African-American youth are encouraged and inspired toward excellence in academic and cultural pursuits while benefiting from the maximum support of their communities
3. Uphold its goal of ACT-SO that affords the same respect for African-American Scholastic and cultural achievement that is given to heroes
4. Recognizing that ACT-SO conducts annual academic competitions for students in grades nine (9) through twelve (12) in NAACP Branches throughout the country in accordance with the published guidelines of the National Office and oversight of the National Director of ACT-SO Program.