Juvenile Justice – OPEN
1. Seek to eliminate discriminatory practices in the Juvenile and Adult Justice systems.
2. Research and monitor local and state incarceration, sentencing, arrests and probation rates of African Americans and other youth of color.
3. Investigate disproportionate incarceration and sentencing of African Americans and other youth of color.
4. Investigate living conditions and treatment within youth detention centers.
5. Mobilize unit(s) to correct abuses where found.
6. Avail yourself to the Public Relations Committee Chair for the local press and on radio, television and media.
7. Provide news or publicity stories to the Branch PR Chair and President to keep the public informe