Labor & Industry – Isaline Boyd
The Labor and Industry Committee attempts to improve the economic status of minority groups by:
- Working to eliminate discriminatory employment practices in industry and government, wage differentials based on race, unequal opportunities for training, promotion and unfair dismissals;
- Encouraging greater participation in the trade union movement;
- Working to end discriminatory practices in labor unions;
- Securing the enactment of local, state and federal fair employment practices legislation; and
- Working for improved opportunities in vocational and apprenticeship training.