MARKETING & MEDIA COMMITTEE –
1. Seek to promote media content consistent with fundamental NAACP goals which include the elimination of racial isolation and fear and the furtherance of multiracial and cultural understanding.
2. Work to eliminate employment segregation and discrimination in those industries [comprising the communications arts and sciences] (radio, telephone, television, motion pictures, newspaper, books, related computer communications, business, cable television).
3. Seek to ensure Black minority ownership and control of print and electronic media — both hardware and software.
4. Monitor local and national media, especially advertising performance.
5. Provide the National office with research and data on those local businesses engaged in communication arts and sciences.
6. See to ensure that all people have a meaningful right to choose from and have access to a variety of high quality telecommunications goods and services at a reasonable cost.
7. Endeavor to secure publicity for the work of the Unit and the association in the local press and on radio, television and media.
8. Attempt to interest persons in charge of local news media on conditions affecting minority groups.
9. Seek to counteract derogatory and erroneous statements in local news media about Blacks and other minority groups.
10. Be responsible for forwarding to THE CRISIS items covering Unit activities and important affairs.